Complaint Review: scoresense

USA

scoresense One Technologies SCORESENSE A MAJOR RIPOFF Dallas 75205 Texas

*Author of original report: SETTLEMENT WITH SCORESENSE

*UPDATE Employee: ScoreSense

I got my 89 year old father-in-law to get a credit card.  When he went on line he was offered what he thought was a FREE credit score.  He made the mistake of giving scoresense his credit card number. What actually happened was he was charged $29.95 monthly for 4 months until I caught the ripoff.  When he contacted the company, they said they would just refund his last payment of $29.95, but refused to refund the balance in the  amount of $90.85.

It is IRONIC that companies like scoresense and others who say they are in the business of preventing credit card fraud actually perpetrate it!

Before EVER providing one's credit card information, it would be wise to consult ripoffreport.com.  Had my father-in-law done so, he would have discovered that scoresense steals money from people who often don't even know they are being robbed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2013 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/scoresense/dallas-75205-texas-75205/scoresense-one-technologies-scoresense-a-major-ripoff-dallas-75205-texas-1067226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

SETTLEMENT WITH SCORESENSE

AUTHOR: Gene92118 - ()

I responded to Scorsense's invitation to call them to settle the dispute.  The customer service rep (Lisa) at their corporate headquarters in Dallas promised to refund my in-laws the entire amount that was withdrawn from their credit card account.  While I was appreciative of the professional way Lisa handled the situation, I expressed concern that there may be thousands of other customers like my in-laws who are being billed monthly for a service they never really wanted.  I recommended that SCORSENSE act in a truly ETHICAL manner by emailing people everytime they debit their bank or credit card accounts just like Gas, Electric and Telephone Companies inform their customers of their bills on a  monthly basis. Unfortunately, SCORSENSE is not the only company that enrolls people into a monthly autopay arrangement without informing them monthly by mail or email that a particular amount of money is being deducted from their bank or credit accounts to pay for their credit monitoring or other services. My in-laws and I are deeply appreciative of Ripoffreport.com for the service they provide in these matters.  Keep up the good work!

ScoreSense

AUTHOR: ScoreSense - ()

Hi Gene,

Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST

We look forward to assisting you.

ScoreSense