Complaint Review: Selected Options MD (AR)

• Submitted: Mon, March 21, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, March 21, 2011
  • Reported By: Kathy in Laurel, MD — Laurel Maryland United States of America
  • Selected Options MD (AR)

Internet
    United States of America

Selected Options MD (AR) Solo Communications Fax & Backup Rip-off with unauthorized charges Internet

Only about 1-1/2 weeks ago, I received an on-line statement from my telephone carrier--standard procedure there.  However, it showed unauthorized charges for internet fax services which, according to a response from them within about 4 days, were attributed to an individual with my first name, address, birthdate & e-mail.  The last name, however, was different from the last name indicated on my e-mail.  I do not own a computer & must use a public-use machine owned by the State of Maryland.

I have already contacted, and have received pleasant & informational responses from, my phone carrier and an intermediate corporation.  Selected Options/Solo Communications seem to be trying to hold on to the misinformation they have.  Either they didn't look at the difference of last names, or they don't care.  Their information was supposedly confirmed.  Twice, so far, I have threatened them with being charged with complicitiy in Identity Theft.  I have also strongly suggested they electronically back-track on the order sent to discover its true origen.

Being unemployed, I can't afford to go much farther than this.  If anyone has any ideas, I would much welcome any & all.

Thanks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2011 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/selected-options-md-ar/internet/selected-options-md-ar-solo-communications-fax-backup-rip-off-with-unauthorized-charge-708607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content