Complaint Review:

• Updated: Thu, February 16, 2017

• Reported By: Karen K — Modesto California USA
SFE Energy
PO box 967 Buffalo, New York USA

SFE Energy - Too good to be true and it isn't true! False claims, Terrible customer service, high cost! Buffalo New York

This is an energy provider company. In my area, you normally have PGE in California, but they offer natural gas at a different rate. They send door to door salesmen, and in my experience, the salesman told me I could get energy more cheaply than I was currently paying. I had used a lot of energy for a pool heater, and for the span of a year I was using a large amount - and paying for it! Hence the lure of a cheaper rate. However, I was not informed at contract signing of important things, like its a 3 year contract, and you only pay a low rate for 41 therms a year. After that, it's higher and not a cost savings after all. When I looked at my bill the next month I was being charges as a large user. But since my husband passed away, I was the opposite. Nevertheless I was charged an extra fee each month by SFEE as a large user, regardless of the energy I really used. When I called them - and it is very difficult to get through, they said there is nothing I can do. If I wish to switch back to PGE I would have to pay almost 200 dollars in cancellation fees. Bottom line, I am posting this because I do not recommend them, as they fail to inform you when they come to your home of the facts. I intend to file with PUC about them, but if you see them, it is too good to be true and don't fall for it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2017 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sfe-energy/buffalo-new-york-14240/sfe-energy-too-good-to-be-true-and-it-isnt-true-false-claims-terrible-customer-servi-1356519. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SFE Energy