Complaint Review: Shell Gas Station, Shell Oil

• Submitted: Thu, June 17, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, June 17, 2004
  • Reported By: Boca Raton Florida
  • Shell Gas Station, Shell Oil
    2090 West Oakland Park Blvd.
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Shell Gas, Shell Oil ripoff shattered windshield of my car- manager responded negatively Fort Lauderdale Florida

I used Shell's Car Wash and it completely shattered my windshield. I got small fragments of glass in my eye and was stuck without use of my car for 2 days. I had to rent a car, get a a new windshield and visit my eye doctor.

I spoke to the manager who was aloof and unsympathetic. He accused me of not stationing my car properly. I assured him that after entering the car wash code given to me I inched my car up slowly until the light turned red signaling me to stop. Suddenly the two huge roller brushes came down and smashed my windshield. I called the police and the police woman filed a report and told the manager they were at falt. (They should have closed the car wash but the next day, I saw it was up and running).

Within the next few days I told the manager I wanted them to pay for my rental car and the cost of visiting my eye doctor to remove the glass from my eye (the insurance covered the windshield). He told me he'd tell the owner to contact me. I never heard back from anyone.

Maggie
Boca Raton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2004 06:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/shell-gas-station-shell-oil/fort-lauderdale-florida-33312/shell-gas-shell-oil-ripoff-shattered-windshield-of-my-car-manager-responded-negatively-f-95346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content