Complaint Review: Shopper Discounts, BUY.com

• Reported By: Black Diamond Washington
  • Shopper Discounts, BUY.com
    shopperdiscountsandrewards.com
    Shelton, Connecticut

Shopper Discounts, BUY.com charged my account without my permission or knowledge. Shelton Connecticut

I consider myself scam savvy and this is driving me crazy. After ordering from BUY.com apparently I clicked something asking me if I wanted a $10 discount on my next purchase from them. Apparently I clicked yes. One month later I got a $12 charge on my debit card, and another one a month later (which is when I happened to catch it).

My credit card info was never verified by me with SD, I didn't know I had a service, but looking at "the service" on their website, most of their money must be made off people who don't know they have it. Nothing was mailed to me, and no one called me to ask my permission or explain the program.

A phone number appeared on my bank statement. I called the number and they said my account would be canceled and money refunded. They were nice, except the person I talked to insisted I filled out information and verified it twice, which I know I did not do.

I don't feel they have a right to do this, but the complaints go back for years. This company has ripped off millions and continues to do so now, unchecked; $12 here and there, month after month, year after year... what a scam.

So now I learned to never click on anything after making an online purchase with anyone unless I have read ALL of the fine print. And I'll never use BUY.com again either, since it was their website I made a purchase from which started this whole thing.

Kris
Black Diamond, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2009 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/shopper-discounts-buycom/shelton-connecticut/shopper-discounts-buycom-charged-my-account-without-my-permission-or-knowledge-shelton-465568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content