Complaint Review: Shopper Local

• Shopper Local
    2222 Sedwick Road
    durham, North Carolina
    USA

Shopper Local Andre Watelier ADVERTISING SCAM TARGETING LOCAL BUSINESSES durham North Carolina

There is an organization using MLM sales force to target local businesses to advertise on shopping carts and its fraudulent. They are supposed to do a business card sized ad and promise a turn around. I placed an ad in January for valentines day and it is now mid february and they tell me it can take a month or two before my ad appears (after they already cashed my check.) Why would i pay for a valentinesday ad in march or april?

I contacted the company directly before the ad goes to print next month that i am unhappy with the service, the salesperson oversold their service and I was cancelling my advertisement. I was then told sorry the $200 deposit is non refundable...but then it gets worse they are not cancelling anything. I have to pay $200/month for the next 6 months in addition to the downpayment. The ad has not been made, nor will it be ready in time for 2/14 and they refuse to refund and stop billing me.

Please spread the word since this is a growing MLM business. They do not take credit card rather electronic checks with your routing number, etc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2014 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/shopper-local/durham-north-carolina-27713/shopper-local-andre-watelier-advertising-scam-targeting-local-businesses-durham-north-car-1122525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content