Complaint Review: Shopping Essence Through Restaurant.com

• Updated: Sat, March 14, 2009
  • Reported By: east bridgewater Massachusetts
  • Shopping Essence Through Restaurant.com

Hartford, Connecticut

Shopping Essence Through Restaurant.com Unauthorized charges of $14.95 for shopping essence membership Hartford Connecticut

*Consumer Suggestion: You were not scammed,

I went online to buy gift certificates from restaurant.com with my debit card. The next day, a transaction appeared with a $14.95 charges for Shopping Essence membership which I have not elected. When I called to the number of the customer service provided by my bank, the operator said that the membership was offered to my dad because he was online at travelocity.com I know the claim is false as my dad has no information of my account number and shopping essence has obtained my debit card number through my purchase at restaurant.com the previous day. Someone has to stop this scam.

Reese
east bridgewater, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2009 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/shopping-essence-through-restaurantcom/hartford-connecticut/shopping-essence-through-restaurantcom-unauthorized-charges-of-1495-for-shopping-essenc-417208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You were not scammed,

AUTHOR: Miss L - (U.S.A.)

You were not scammed, you simply were "click-happy". Instead of clicking "No" when the offer came up on the screen, you clicked "yes" and your information was sent through to join Shopping Essence. You can't blame someone else for not reading the fine print and clicking on something you shouldn't have.