Complaint Review: Silverleaf Resorts

• Reported By: Dave — Gurnee Illinois
  • Silverleaf Resorts

Sheridan, Illinois
    USA

Silverleaf Resorts Fox River Resort Horrible, horrible company! Sheridan Illinois

I purchased from Silverleaf a few years back after being worn down for hours on end from a sales rep.  Yes, I should've known better, but I was young and their pitch sounded fantastic (don't they all).  Needless to say, I had buyers remorse almost immediately but decided to give it a shot.  The first time I used the property they put me in a room where the faucet on the tub was broken and the room above me leaked into my bedroom - onto the bed.  So much for the "maintenance fees" being used to keep up the maintenance.  The pool was disgusting and they tried to get me to listen to another sales pitch to upgrade my "experience with the resort."  Since there is no way my experience could get worse, I listened.  I did not buy an upgrade, but I was extremely dissatisfied that while I was supposed to be on vacation they consumed hours of my time trying to get more money out of me.

They also promised me a personal contact who would help me with travel throughout the US.  I have tried calling her 10 or 20 times, and the phone goes right to voicemail, which is full, so I cannot leave a message.

If you are invited to go to a "free tour of the grounds" or anything like that, don't go.  This place is horrible and they have no intention of making improvements!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2014 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/silverleaf-resorts/sheridan-illinois-60551/silverleaf-resorts-fox-river-resort-horrible-horrible-company-sheridan-illinois-1122840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content