Complaint Review: Sky TV

• Reported By: John Richardson — Salisbury United Kingdom
  • Sky TV

Internet
    United States of America

Sky TV It is purposefully made most difficult to cancel Sky. All in order to squeeze another months payment Internet

I have been a Sky customer for about 15 years, but when I cancelled them five years ago to move house  they gave me an extremely hard time. I eventually got a three month cancellation stoppage of payment, but only because I would go back to them.
Quite recently, and to abide by their rules, I sent an email to them on 8 July asking them to cancel my contract; since then I have sent an email to skydigital@bskyb.com every day but they will not reply. I know from past experience that to try and get them on the phone is most expensive, because they have a premium rate number and one has to join a long queue.
They keep people waiting to squeeze as much money from them as possible. Although they provide a good service it is expensive and I really do think Sky is a rip off.
Many people have the same problem as I have read their complaints when I entered 'Cancellation of Sky.'
Best Regards from John Richardson

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2011 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sky-tv/internet/sky-tv-it-is-purposefully-made-most-difficult-to-cancel-sky-all-in-order-to-squeeze-anot-751778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content