Complaint Review: Skyboxtv

• Skyboxtv
    4475 River Green Parkway
    Duluth, Georgia

Skyboxtv Unethical Practices

I ordered a $39 dual dish system from Skyboxtv in late October. I did not receive the system and found I could not contact the company via e-mail or phone. In December, I received a box containing a single sheet printed advertisement with instructions to contact an installer and arrange to have a system installed. I was disgusted with Skybox and decided not to follow through with the installation and thought that I would simply write-off my $39. In January, I received a credit card charge for $189 from Skyboxtv. I carefully read the agreement and found that Skyboxtv can charge you $189 without notice if you fail to install the system within 15 days of placing the order.

OK! I admit it, I'm stupid and I've been had. Skyboxtv is clearly an unreliable and unethical company. I'd stay as far away from them as possible. I also plan to file a complaint with both the Wisconsin and Georgia Department of Consumer Fraud.

Bruce
Neenah, WI

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/skyboxtv/duluth-georgia-30096/skyboxtv-unethical-practices-11185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content