Complaint Review: Software-HQ

• Reported By: Forsyth Georgia
  • Software-HQ
    www.software-HQ.net
    Internet

Software-HQ LIAR LIAR... it's a scam that will cost you big time!!! Buena Park, California Internet

BEWARE of the FREE downloads!!! I found the website for software-HQ.net offering free downloads to Adobe products for only $12.95. They are running a scam. You will not be billed $12.95!!! When the bill shows up on your credit card, it will be for $70.80. If you contact the billing department by calling 1-800-784-3167, they will tell you that you have to contact their support online department. They will NOT answer any questions. I left a voicemail the first time and received an email response saying that I misunderstood the website pricing, but that I was properly charged....

"$37.95 for the 3 year membership. It is a 12.65/year, but as stated on the site it is billed as a one time fee.

$17.88 for the download accelerator. This package gives you the fastes download speeds possible for the length of your memebership.

$14.97 for the download protection which gives you access to any new releases or updated versions that come out during your memebership at no additional cost."

Nowhere on the website does it state this information!! Please be aware!!! It is a SCAM!!!!!

The second time I called is when I got the very rude lady telling me that I had to contact their support dept on line that I was billed properly and that there was nothing she could do about MY problem. I won't stop here. I'm contacting the Internet Crime Complaint Center website: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and urge anyone else to do the same thing!!

Karen
Forsyth, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2008 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/software-hq/internet/software-hq-liar-liar-its-a-scam-that-will-cost-you-big-time-buena-park-california-396407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content