Complaint Review: South Jersey Federal Credit Union

• South Jersey Federal Credit Union
    1615 Hurffville Rd
    Depford, New Jersey
    USA

South Jersey Federal Credit Union SFCU NEW JERSEY BANK AND USED CAR DEALER IN THE SAME LOCATION Depford New Jersey

*Author of original report: SOUTH JERSEY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION

*Consumer Comment: You seem to be very confused on the purchase of your vehicle

This "Bank" which I use the term loosely is not only a bank but also a used car lot.  I purchased a 2004 Dodge truck at the bank and they represented the truck as a good running vehicle with no motor problems.  I paid for the car in cash on 11/18/2013 and by 11/20/2013 the truck no longer works due to a hole in the motor.  I called the bank and they refused to help me.  They won't even return my calls.  I looked them up at the BBB website and they have a rating of D.

Had I known that this bank has a rating od D, I would have never purchased the car, and also, I trusted the bank, because I thought they would have higher standards than a used car dealers.  They are worse!  Do not used them for anything! Beware of them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2013 10:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/south-jersey-federal-credit-union/depford-new-jersey-08096/south-jersey-federal-credit-union-sfcu-new-jersey-bank-and-used-car-dealer-in-the-same-lo-1104779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

SOUTH JERSEY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION

AUTHOR: mrs sanchez - ()

I have written a very brief complaint about the bank, there are more details to the transaction.  My concern how the bank has handle my complaint.  I have not  gotten a letter or a call from the bank.  I know that they will respond when they are served with court papers next week.  I will update soon to the outcome.

You seem to be very confused on the purchase of your vehicle

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

The lender does not repair your vehicle. They finance your purchase, not maintian your vehicle.

I am a consumer and not a member of your credit union where you financed the vehicle you mention in your post. First, a credit union is not a bank. They are formed under different charters. Normally getting financing through your credit union is an excellent thing and is the preferred method if you are going to finance a vehicle. You generally get a much better rate than is available at a dealership.

Having said that, the lender does not handle any repair issues with your vehicle. That is up to you once you buy it. You are  to inspect the vehicle prior to purchase so you have an accurate idea of the vehicle's condition. No lender inspects the vehicle prior to your purchase, that is your responsibility. Once you buy the vehicle than it is up to you to maintain/repair it. If you don't have the ability or the funds to maintain a vehicle, than don't buy one.

As to the location of the autos: many times credit unions offer special incentives for auto financing. Your credit union may have worked out something with a local dealership for that incentive. It is not really possible to know the details because you didn't give the information in your post. But, even if the auto dealership and the credit union are in the same location, and even if it is owned by the exact same person (doubtful) than they are certainly under different legal entities.

So the result is the same, you don't go to the credit union to fix mechanical issues with your vehicle.