Complaint Review: Southern New Hampshire University

• Submitted: Mon, September 17, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 02, 2012
  • Reported By: Hard-Working Consumer — Manchester New Hampshire United States of America
  • Southern New Hampshire University
    2500 N River Rd
    Manchester, New Hampshire
    United States of America

Southern New Hampshire University SNHU, S New Hampshire Discriminatory Financial Aid Practices Manchester, New Hampshire

*Consumer Comment: They got me as well

*Consumer Comment: question

I filed for bankruptcy more than 4 years ago and because of that bankruptcy, I am not allowed to be on any sort of payment plan. They stated that they will never put me on a payment plan, even if I filed 10 years ago. According to the bankruptcy act created in 2005, a bankruptcy will fall off your credit report in 10 years, but apparently according to SNHU, it will stay on forever. I had to have my lawyer who dealt with my bankruptcy threaten the credit office.

I will never do business with this institution again. They are more backwards than the New Hampshire state government.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2012 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/southern-new-hampshire-university/manchester-new-hampshire-/southern-new-hampshire-university-snhu-s-new-hampshire-discriminatory-financial-aid-pract-942545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

They got me as well

AUTHOR: Alias323 - (United States of America)

I agree with you. I am being skewered by them for having filled out an online form a couple of days later than they demanded. I was trying to withdraw from courses. I'd been a student for about a week. They say I owe $1,000, and, though I don't eat most of the time because there is simply no money to buy food, they insist that I pay them $1,000. For, um, what was it again?

I am deeply impoverished and live in rural Utah. My work is my only support (no family support), and I support my husband. We don't eat very well. We don't get foodstamps (we were refused), we don't get any kind of disability or aid. Food bank helps us out every now and then by bringing some food for us.

SNHU simply doesn't want to hear about my having $0 in my savings and $0 in my checking account. They want $1,000 that I don't have, and they will destroy me to get it. I truly need some legal help.

question

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

Do you owe this money to the University itself or is it a student loan?  It makes a difference. Student loans are generally not included in bankruptcy.  If you owe the money to the University, was that debt included in the bankruptcy?  If so, it should have been discharged unless they tried to fight it.

Can you provide more details?