Complaint Review:

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I took my 2015 Ford Escape to Speed Lube for an oil change.  I waited for 15 minutes while the kids there were trying to impress a local celebrity.  They finally came into the waiting room and said they didn't have any oil and had to run across the street to Auto Zone to get some.

It took them another 20 minutes to get the oil change done.  This was after one of the employees had said he would move his truck out of the bay so I could put my car in.  I told them at the time that I was very displeased with the service.

The manager turned red in the face and said it wasn't his fault.  He said they had changed oil services and they weren't getting shipments.  He also said the company owed him $250.

About 2 weeks later I left on vacation.  We got into the mountains and the car lost acceleration and smoke was pouring out the exhaust pipes.  We thought the car was on fire.

We had it towed to the local Ford dealer and they found that there was almost 4 quarts too much oil in it!  They drained out the excess and spent considerable time trying to make sure it was safe for us to keep driving back home.

The Speed Lube corporate headquarters has not responded to my requests for a call back, even after telling them of the urgency.  The district manager did talk to me and apologized profusly.  He said all those employees had been fired.

I asked him what he was going to do to make it right and he had no answer but he said that protocal was that they needed a sample of the oil.  I am taking it there tomorrow but have little hope of getting this resolved.

My dealership is also going over the car at this time to try to assess what damage has been done to the engine and the catalytic converter. I am beyond furious and want everyone to know they are dishonest and incompetentto the core!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2016 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/speed-lube/canton-illinois-61520/speed-lube-speed-lube-overfilled-my-oil-canton-illinois-1311521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Speed Lube

Addendum to Speed Lube Overfilled my oil

AUTHOR: - ()

My car is still at the Ford dealership in Canton.  I talked to the district manager of Speed Lube on Friday.  He was yelling at me throughout the conversation.  I stood up to him and told him I had a lot of documentation as to what happened with my car.  He said, in a very loud voice, "I'll tell you what!  NOBODY better touch that car until I get there to look at it on Tuesday!  He did not show up on Tuesday, which is today.  The regional manager is not returning my phone calls  The president of Speed Lube is not returning my phone calls.  I went to the Canton Speed Lube store.  They have shut it down and the people working there appartently lost their jobs, per a conversation with a local businessman. I plan on taking legal action, at this point.