Complaint Review: SpeedDate

• Reported By: ScamSpeedDate.com — Leesville Louisiana
  • SpeedDate

Internet
    USA

SpeedDate Three months charged to credit card-contact number answered once then invalid California

Charged credit card for three months of service that I did not authorized. I called number off of their home site Need account help? Call us at 1-877-328-3006 Monday - Friday, 7AM - 5PM PT. Received automated message, "You have reached a non-working number 14 switch 4160-3". Message repeats twice and automatically cuts caller off.

The contact number given on my credit card transaction: 888.488.6526

After about ten minutes later I called again and 'representative' answers immediately. I told him about the unauthorized charges and he asked for the first six digits and last four of my credit card. I told him I needed to call back to locate because I had cancelled the card and wasn't sure where I put it. I did ask where he was located and he said California. It took me about five minutes to find card and when I called back I received the "You have reached a non-working number 14 switch 4160-3". [continued below]....

.....

I called back at 10:15  pst (1-877-328-3006  and 888.488.6526) and got an answer with automated choices. I selected 'billing inquiries' and then heard nothing. I was still connected but could only hear air. I hung up after one minute. I immediately called back and received the  "You have reached a non-working number 14 switch 4160-3".

I did go through their site and the 'success stories' are dated 2010. There is an older, 2007, SpeedDate, which looks like it closed. This current may be a copycat of the 2007 company.

Press Release link takes viewer to 2010 reviews.

Protected by U.S. Pat. No. 7,203,674    is not SpeedDates patent, it is the Analytics patent for method and system to connect and match users in an on-line dating service, dated 2003 - Applicant/Inventor COHEN, MORGAN

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2014 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/speeddate/internet/speeddate-three-months-charged-to-credit-card-contact-number-answered-once-then-invalid-c-1172132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content