Complaint Review: Speedy Hen UK

• Speedy Hen UK
    BN23 6WB Westham
    Internet
    United States of America

Speedy Hen UK eBay account: speedyhenuk No Refund, Inaccurate description of product, Poor service Internet

I purchased the DVD Wall Street 1987 Collectors Edition from eBay seller "speedyhenuk" http://myworld.ebay.ca/speedyhenuk

The DVD arrived in a reasonable time period and it was not damaged, however when I attempted to play it later that night, on my DVD player a message popped up that said "Your Region Is Incorrect For This DVD". Since speedyhenuk is in the UK and I am in Canada, our region codes for DVDs are different.

The real problem is that Speedy Hen offered no reasonable notification or warning for the region code on the DVD, despite numerous complaints from past customers. Speedy Hen knew it was selling the DVD to a Canadian, yet failed to mention this. When I questioned the company after, I received an unpleasant response where they accepted no responsibility for selling me a DVD that does not play, and they blamed me for not reading the fine print in their deal. Speedy Hen failed to respond to my last messages, and refused to give me a refund for the DVD which I had to throw away. They wanted me to ship it back to London for a return, which would have cost me twice as much as the DVD itself.

This company was very dishonest with me, and they are a repeat offender with selling DVDs that don't work for people. I was not given a refund, and I was told it was my fault that I can't watch Wall Street.

This is a nightmare seller and from my experience I would advise you to stay far away from Speedy Hen and their eBay store.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2012 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/speedy-hen-uk/internet/speedy-hen-uk-ebay-account-speedyhenuk-no-refund-inaccurate-description-of-product-poor-856285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content