Complaint Review: Spy and Survival Briefing

• Spy and Survival Briefing
    808 St. Paul St.
    Baltimore, Maryland
    USA

Spy and Survival Briefing Jason HansonLaissez Faire Double charged for newsletter I didn't want. Baltimore Maryland

The come-on for this scam was for "free" flashlights - only pay shipping.  That was ok, but there was also the sign-up for a newsletter which would be $40 if you don't cancel in 10 days.  No problem so far.  Where it started coming apart was that there was a delay in getting the flashlights.  So, instead of getting them within 2 weeks as originally stated it was closer to 2 months.

When I got my credit card bill i saw the $40 charge so I called to cancel.  I was told the charge was non-refundable, so ok, I guess, but cancel everything going forward.  Yesterday I got my credit card statement and saw that I was charged again, so I emailed to tell them I was double charged.  No response.  Today I called to tell them I was double charged and found out this worthless newsletter is $40 per month and non-refundable.

$40 per year would be a serious stretch, but $40 per month is a total out-and-out scam.  I would really like to get my money back, but I hope this keeps someone else from falling into that trap.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2017 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/spy-and-survival-briefing/baltimore-maryland-21202/spy-and-survival-briefing-jason-hansonlaissez-faire-double-charged-for-newsletter-i-didn-1377884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content