Complaint Review: St. Charles Nissan Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, June 12, 2000
  • Updated: Mon, June 12, 2000
  • Reported By: St. Ann MO
  • St. Charles Nissan Inc.
    5201 South Service Road
    St. Peters, Missouri

"Enjoy your new car while we enjoy your rebate!" says St. Charles Nissan

I purchased a new 2000 Hyundai Elantra on April 7, 2000 from St. Charles Nissan. I traded in my old car and made a deal for the new Elantra. They filled out all the necessary paperwork and I signed all the contracts and drove off in my new car.

Two days later, I was surfing the web and came across a Hyundai website that indicated there was a $750 manufacturers rebate available to any consumer purchasing a new Elantra. After overlooking all of my contracts, I could not find a rebate amount anywhere, not even in the specific area where rebates are to be entered on the contracts. However, I do want to mention that the only contract that was filled in with the $750 was something they did not give me a copy of at signing, and after producing a copy for me, it is obvious that the amount was filled in AFTER I signed it and in different handwriting. What it comes down to is that this dealership is breaking the law by not disclosing the rebate amount.

I contacted the sales manager at the dealership and his way of "fixing" the "mistake" was to rewrite my sales contract and UP the price of my car by $750 in order to subtract the $750 and bring me back to my original agreed upon price.

The dealership was unwillling to give me my rebate. The employees are rude and have unethical business standards from what I can tell. I have since contacted the BBB, the MO State Attorney General, the MO State Licensing Bureau, and a local tv station consumer action group....all to no avail. The state has received 5 other complaints for the same dealer and has a criminal investigator currently working on the problem. But until the investigation is complete, I am left rebate-less. PLEASE HELP ME GET MY MONEY BACK!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/st-charles-nissan-inc/st-peters-missouri-63376/enjoy-your-new-car-while-we-enjoy-your-rebate-says-st-charles-nissan-2430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content