Complaint Review: Stark Carpet Corp

• Stark Carpet Corp
    979 Third Avenue
    New York, New York
    United States of America

Stark Carpet Corp Stark Carpet Outlet of Charlotte My carpet installation looks like a child did it. New York, New York

I purchased Stark carpet for my bedroom from the Stark Carpet Outlet of Charlotte, NC.  The carpet was very expensive and the price included installation.  I was assured that the seam would not show after the installation.

The seam is very visable, but that is the least of my problems.  The carpet has a pattern and no where in the room are the lines on the pattern even.  The installer said that the room was not even but we measured together and guess what?  The room is exactly even.  It makes one sea sick to watch the diamond type pattern weave all over the room.

In addition to this the cut edges were not sealed and they are already fraying.  They sent a representative from the store who agreed that it looked bad and offered me a ten percent refund.  I asked instead that the carpet be redone and all of a sudden he thought the carpet was just fine. I would stay away from this dealer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/stark-carpet-corp/new-york-new-york-11256/stark-carpet-corp-stark-carpet-outlet-of-charlotte-my-carpet-installation-looks-like-a-chi-1005384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content