Complaint Review: Subscriber Services

P.O. ox 741112
    Arvaea, Colorado
    United States of America

Subscriber Services Unfair business practice, Arvaea, Colorado

Some one from Subscriber Services rang and asked if my son wanted Magazines to buy, they made it sounded as the magazines were interesting material but what they were not very clear about is that they were locking him in a service for five years at $39.88 per month just for magazines.  I rang them and ask that the account be cancelled and they refuse to cancel saying it is a service that cannot be cancelled.

I asked, why could they not cancel when the books were of no use to anyone and I have never heard of a service that if it is not acceptable to a customer cannot be cancelled.  They went on to tell me that they fronted the money to the company for the books and when i asked fro the name of hte companies, they refuse to give me the names.  I ask, who order the books, they said they do but why then since they do, the cannot discontinue the service?  I believe this to be a rip off and would appreciate feedback as to what steps I can take to stop this service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2012 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/subscriber-services/arvaea-colorado-80006/subscriber-services-unfair-business-practice-arvaea-colorado-971815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content