Complaint Review: Sunrise Student Loan Services

• Reported By: S — Denver Colorado
  • Sunrise Student Loan Services

Nationwide
    USA

Sunrise Student Loan Services is a scam Took my money but did not consolidate a single loan Phoenix AZ

I contacted Sunrise Student loan Services On October 24, 2013 to enroll in their student loan consolidation program.  I paid the enrollment/processing fee, completed and signed all necessary paperwork and was told that the process would take 60-90 days to complete.

It has been 5 months and my loans are not consolidated. In fact, when I contacted my federal student loan service directly myself, they had no record of any correspondence with Sunrise.

Sunrise conveniently never answers any phone calls nor returns messages. If you choose to stay on hold while you wait for a customer service representative, you literally will wait for hours. They have no intention of answering your call.

This was a costly and unfortunate lesson.  I encourage anyone that is experiencing difficulties repaying student loans, to contact the federal agency directly. They are typically able to offer assistance. When I spoke with them today, they gave me the name and phone number of the consolidation company that they work with regularly. To no surprise, the agent had never even heard of Sunrise Studen Loan Services.

Save your hard earned money. Don't do business with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2014 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sunrise-student-loan-services/nationwide/sunrise-student-loan-services-is-a-scam-took-my-money-but-did-not-consolidate-a-single-lo-1139017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content