Complaint Review: sunshinetravelescapes.com

• Reported By: Avery Tom Deacon Harry — South Ockendon United Kingdom
  • sunshinetravelescapes.com

Orlando, Florida
    United States of America

sunshinetravelescapes.com Conned me out of about 500, and refused to return it (contrary to legal requirement) Orlando, Florida

I had a phone call in 2005 from a guy from sunshinetravelescapes.com, during the course of which he fooled me into giving him my credit card details.

Big mistake.

His next question was "do you understand that this is..." something (I can't remember the rest).

As soon as I said yes he immediately transferred me to someone else who deducted (stole) half the total holiday cost from my account.

I tried to explain that I hadn't agreed to this but he wouldn't listen.

I phone again later (within the 28 day "cooling off" period) and tried to cancel but he played a recording of me saying I understood, which he insisted meant that I couldn't back out.

Because of interest charges and other assorted penalties from my credit card, the total this has cost me is now over 2000, 6000 if you factor in the trouble and distress this has caused over the years.

I wonder if there is any way to make them pay, because I'd sure like to do so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2012 06:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sunshinetravelescapescom/orlando-florida-/sunshinetravelescapescom-conned-me-out-of-about-500-and-refused-to-return-it-contrary-904527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content