Complaint Review: Swarovski Innsbruck

Herzog-Friedrich-Strasse 39 6020 Innsbruck Austria
    Internet, Select State/Province
    United States of America

Swarovski Innsbruck Refused refund Internet, Other

I went on a trip to Innsbruck, Austria to the Swarovski museum. At the end of the museum tour you can go into the gift shop and purchase swarovski items. I purchased a few items and one was an apron with swarovski crystals used as letters. The apron was in a box so I did not inspect it. When I returned home I opened the box and the apron had numerous holes in it. I sent swarovski Innsbruck an e-mail asking if I could return it to my local Swarovski store and I was told yes. I took the apron to the store and the owners of the store just happened to be working. I explained the issue with him and he basically stated that he could not help me since his store was independently owned. I then contacted customer service and was told they did not tell me I could get a refund at the store.

thank you for your E-Mail.

We did not tell you would get the money returned, of curse no store will return the paid amount as this product was purchased in our store and it is only here available. We will be pleased to exchange it, and send it back over Swarovski Deutschland to the store you give it up.

Hoping to have been of service we remain With best regards Your customer relations Team

I then sent this e-mail:

I will drop it off at the store and expect to receive a new one in the mail in the next few days. If this is a problem please let me know. I would like you to understand that the store on Ramstein would not even take the apron, the owner stated that he was not even contacted about me coming to his store. I'm very disappointed in the service of the store. I'm going to drop the apron at the store today so please confirm this with the store.

Also, please make sure the new apron does not have in holes in it.

I went ahead and dropped off the apron at the store and then received this e-mail.

thank you for your fast replay. Concerning your demand, about getting the paid amount back because your wasnt informed from us about the exchanging, we may inform you that we did inform you about it: We are very sorry there is a defect on the apron (Kochschrze mit Kristallapplikation). Usually you could bring the products together with the sales slip to the next Swarovski Boutique and our colleagues will do all necessary steps to exchange the item (will take about 3,4 weeks). Extract from our message May 21. After getting the apron with sales slip we will be pleased to let you know our decision.

Thanking you for understanding we remain With best regards Your customer relations Team

When I took the apron back to the store the sales clerk stated she didn't need the receipt, so the apron did not have the receipt. This happened in May 2012.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2012 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/swarovski-innsbruck/internet-select-stateprovince-/swarovski-innsbruck-refused-refund-internet-other-924174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content