Complaint Review: TAN - Travel Agency Network

• Reported By: Chesapeake Virginia
  • TAN - Travel Agency Network
    696 1st Ave North, Suite 200
    St Petersburg, Florida

TAN - Travel Agency Network - Paradise Vacations RIPOFF Scam St Petersburg Florida

I am very upset with this company. My son recieved a promotional letter supposedly giving him 7 days to decide whether he wanted the vacation package or not but he only had one day to respond before they threatened to debit his account. The number the provide is to an automated sevice to register a cancellation, which he did, but I went one step further and talked with a Customer Care Representative. She indicated it takes 24 to down load the information off the recordings, but since I was calling she would put in the cancellation and assured my his account would not be debited.

I check with the bank today, as I did not get a warm and fuzzy, and sure enought there was a pending debit. I immediately put a block on it, put now the question remains as to how long will it take them to get their act together. I also wrote a letter. Hoping that will clear things up, but after reading some of these reports I am not too sure. Companies like these should not be allowed to operate. They are very sly and any unsuspecting "Young" individual can be taken to the cleaners. What can we do to put them out of business????

Lolita
Chesapeake, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2004 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tan-travel-agency-network/st-petersburg-florida-33701/tan-travel-agency-network-paradise-vacations-ripoff-scam-st-petersburg-florida-103968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content