Complaint Review:

• Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: outraged — Amarillo Texas United States of America
Tate Music Group
Mustang, Oklahoma United States of America

Tate Music Group TMG Did not fulfill their contract with our band! Mustang, Oklahoma

*Consumer Suggestion: Tate Music Group Artist

*Consumer Suggestion: Tate Music Group Rip Off

*Consumer Suggestion: Attorney General investigation of Tate Music Group

*Author of original report: Tate Rip off..

*Consumer Comment: Same for our Band

Our band signed with tate music group.  We where promised 12 dates to play and never booked once.

Tate also promised us radio promotions and media blast when we played the places we booked.  This never happened.  We know for a fact.

We paid tate music group to put our promotional videos on tv.  It was never done or we never could get them to tell us what station(s)

They broke the contract on several occasions.  We wish a lawyer would make a civil case out of this problem.
We have talked to several bands who need representation.

We where promised 35,000 dollars worth of promotions.  What we received was 59 dollars worth of itunes and a few other digital sites to download our music and cd cover design that is free from most cd manufacturers.

Can you say scam?  We can because we have witnessed it first hand!

If you are a lawyer please help.  Thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2012 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tate-music-group/mustang-oklahoma-/tate-music-group-tmg-did-not-fulfill-their-contract-with-our-band-mustang-oklahoma-853506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tate Music Group

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Tate Music Group Artist

AUTHOR: heety44 - (USA)

I am a Tate Music Group artist and I paid th 1985.00 to them to put in on and partnership

with  to release my first debut CD I am 54 years young and I started in the music business

at the tender age of 18 yeaars old let jus t say I grew up in Nashville Tn. and played with

some very good musicians , there in Nashville and in even then in 1980 if you wanted to record

LP vynl back then it would have cost you a great deal more than any 1985.00 to do so and it

takes talent on the other hand and a great song and a number of other things to be successful

in this thing we calll the music business why do you think they call it that and another thing

Maddonna and people like Prince and other artist did not make it over night , without some self

investment if no more than buying guitar strings so it's not Tate that need to be checked. you might

want to review your music or song writing ability to see if it up to par you got to have something to work

with in the first place if I want to build a house I might want to have some nails and wood they say

plainly up front that they are partnering with you that means you gotta do your part even radio

promotion know one can guarantee radio airplay it's up to the program directors and if your

music don't fit their  format their not gonna play you stop ,complaining and you got it or you don't .

I have recieved plenty of airplay from internet and brick and morter stations my CD is on the shelf

also in a feew record stores and guess what I am colon cancer patient , and remember why you're

doing what you're doing and get to work on it I have know right to ask anyone to invest in me if

I'm not willing to invest in myself , and anyway my newphew aunt is a record executive with

one the majors and she told him that there is no more artist developement you ahve to already have

a fan base money they want you basically already to go before they even consider you act or solo act

and you better have investment moniess and a good attorney to bring to the table .

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Tate Music Group Rip Off

AUTHOR: Oz - ()

We are ready and have evidence supplied by the Attorney Generals office. We have an attorney and are ready to start the class action suit. Are you ready to join? Thanks,

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Attorney General investigation of Tate Music Group

AUTHOR: Oz - ()

A complaint has been filed against Tate Music Group with the Office of Attorney General in the state of Oklahoma. The case number is CC-13-0309. Please call their office at (405) 521-3921 to join the complaint, and let the Attorney there know you have also been ripped off by Tate Music Group.

Tate Rip off..

AUTHOR: outraged - (United States of America)

If your lawyer takes the case, let me know.  Our band would love to be involved! 806-677-9801

Same for our Band

AUTHOR: Oz - (United States of America)

We had the exact same problem for our band. TMG promised $39,000 in investment for mixing and mastering our CD. They did nothing. Their producer Don Johnson even sent and email back stating "he didn't know how to mix". I've contacted two attorneys in OK who believe a fraud case can be won against TMG. Let's get together and get a class action suit going. I'm sending fraud complaint reports to the OK & KS attorneys general.