Complaint Review: TDAmeritrade

200 S. 108th Avenue
    Omaha, Nebraska
    USA

TDAmeritrade Stole, Cheated, Charged fees for doing so Omaha Nebraska

I signed on with TDAmeritrade to deposit 100K and receive a $650 double bonus...$500 for initial deposit (to be kept on deposit for at least one year)and an additional $150 if Ielectronically  transfered funds from a retirement account. I made the deposits, after checking with a senior company officer to make sure my IRA funds were eligible. After a year I requested that my bonus be paid to me. They not only refused to pay both bonuses...but charged me an additional cancellation fee of $75.

I was told I had not met the requirements of the bonus. First, they said I had only deposited $99,964,00. I assured them that was wrong and provided documentation I'd actually deposited $108K. They then said that I had been "assigned" to a different bonus program...and had not met its requirements. I sent them a copy of the bonus program I signed up for.

Failing to disqualify me on those two bogus reasons, they said I had signed up for an "educational program" and that was in lieu of the $650 bonus. I had indeed signed up for a FREE trial financial ed program...but it was free and no way affected my bonus program. Whoops! They backed off that defense.

Unable to disqualify me on any basis, the company finally admitted it was wrong and one of their senior officials had made an error...and had placed me in the wrong bonus program...they apologized...but said there was nothing they could do about it but would return the $75 cancellation fee. WOW. If one can't count on getting the correct info from a senior company officer--and the company won't back that official up--who can one count on? Certinaly not this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2017 05:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tdameritrade/omaha-nebraska-68154/tdameritrade-stole-cheated-charged-fees-for-doing-so-omaha-nebraska-1385452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content