Complaint Review: Teamster Privilege Mastercard

• Teamster Privilege Mastercard
    PO Box 80026
    Salinas, California
    United States of America

Teamster Privilege Mastercard Union Plus MasterCard/HSBC Card and Retail Services failure to close credit card account upon several requests and following fees and charges. Salinas, California

On 01/21/2009 I paid $246.78 to Teamster Privilege Mastercard online pmt. 213409 with my Webster Visa Debit Card, notifying them I was canceling my card with this final payment.

Then on 04/20/2009 I received a statement from them dated 04/10/2009 disregarding my cancellation both online and by phone, charging me with late payments, past due amounts,purchases/debits, and previous balances. I immediately called customer service at 888 803-0276 trying to explain the situation, asking them for something in writing that would set the record straight. I was refused and told I would have to pay additional charges first.

On 04/22/2009 I filed the above complaint with BBB, Baltimore, MD Case#36037201 requesting 1. a statement in writing from Teamster Privilege Credit Card acknowledging my cancellation, 2. Removing all charges from that time, including minimum payment $37.00, past due amount $15.00, current payment due $52.00, previous balance $227.04, purchase/debits $31.11, and finance charge $4.69, totaling $262.85. 3. Clear my credit record/report that was damaged by their improper handling of my account.

On 04/21/2009 the case was closed and transferred to and received by BBB, Chicago, Ill. 04/22/2009 BBB informed business of complaint with no response. 05/04/2009 second notice to business.

On 05/05/2009 complaint judged to be invalid - Wrong Business. I was supposedly  notified the case was closed  as invalid/illegible with new Case#94233666. I did not find out until I inquired several months later to BBB, Chicago.

On 08/05/2009 I reopened the complaint and HSBC was informed. On 09/15/2009 I received email from BBB informing me that HSBC had acknowledged their request to investigate and respond to my complaint, and I would have 10 days to continue or close complaint.

On 09/17/2009 I received a letter from HSBC thanking me for taking time to express my concerns but did not agree with any part of my complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2009 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/teamster-privilege-mastercard/salinas-california-93912/teamster-privilege-mastercard-union-plus-mastercardhsbc-card-and-retail-services-failure-497384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content