Complaint Review: Telecheck Services - A First Data Company

• Telecheck Services - A First Data Company
    PO Box 4514
    Houston, Texas
    United States of America

Telecheck Services - A First Data Company Mark Wallin General Manager denying a check, based on an analyzing information on a statistical basis whether a check may or may not be good and not using positive facts on a denial of a check to a merchant Houston, Texas

I wrote a check at best buy and when they sent it through TeleCheck it came back denied. I do not write bad checks and the account in question has 23 to 24 thousand dallars in it. I used my debit card on the same account and was able to make my purchase.

On the back of the little peice of paper the merchant gives you , when TeleCheck denies your check it states "Is TeleCeck telling the store that my check is not good? No, TeleCheck never tells a store that a check is not good or bad. If your check is not approved, it simply means that TeleCheck does not have enough information about your check to approve the transaction or that you may have an unpaid check or debt." This is a quote from that piece of paper I received from the merchant on behalf of TeleCheck.

That is bull the merchant and even I if I was standing behind that cash register would assume I am a dead beat and trying to pass off bad checks. TeleCheck knows if you are writing bad checks.

This was degrading and embarressing to myself and I am appalled that a company can get away with something like this. When I called TeleCheck to inquire as to why my check was denied,  at first they could not come up with an answer, then they had the audacity to tell me it was denied based on how many checks I write and the amount of those checks. This is a reason to embarress and degrade me, to make me look like a dead beat who writes bad checks. Should I carry thousands of dallars in my pocket to pay for everything or should I be maxing out my credit cards and put myself in debt.

Why should I now be afraid of writing a check anywhere for fear that TeleCheck will decide that I am not worthy of writing a check. TeleCheck needs to base thier denials of checks on facts and not what may or may not happen as they so put it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2009 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/telecheck-services-a-first-data-company/houston-texas-77210-4514/telecheck-services-a-first-data-company-mark-wallin-general-manager-denying-a-check-bas-524318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content