Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Tue, June 10, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 11, 2009

• Reported By:Wylie Texas
Texas Department Of Public Safety, DPS, Municipal Services Bureau
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Texas Department Of Public Safety, DPS, Municipal Services Bureau RUDE, ARROGANT, AND COLD BLOODED Austin Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Arthur, Please do me a favor

RUDE, ARROGANT AND COLD BLOODED

I just received a letter from the Texas Department of Public Safety telling me my license is suspended again for failing to pay their confiscation/fee/surcharge/duplicate fine when I had already finished my monthly installments in January of this year (2008).
DPS uses a private outfit called Municipal Services Bureau to do their collections dirty work and apparently these are the "people" who generated this letter. I called their number and spoke to someone who identified herself as Martha, and was that ever an awful experience.

She accused me of only paying the last year and neglecting (she implied it was on purpose) to pay the two previous years. Imagine! I paid all I was told to pay, jumped through all the hoops, made all the payments on time every month and followed the online instructions to the letter as well as those that came with the written letter I received. There was ABSOLUTELY NO NOTICE ONLINE that I had two years left to pay, and no letter stating this either. No receipt for the one year and request to make arrangements for the other two years due. Just a cut off notice saying that my license was again suspended.

When I tried to explain to this Martha that she was in error when she accused me of being guilty of purposefully neglecting to pay the first two years she cut me off and went into reading her prepared text and refused to stop rattling on. As far as I could tell she never even stopped to take a breath!

Imagine!! The only way to shut her up was to utter an oath in her direction and terminate the call.

What a horrible person, and I hope she is always treated as badly in life as she treated me!
As for the Texas Department of Public Safety? Well, they let it happen, and in no way did they ever inform me that I needed to begin making payments again to cover the remaining two years due. Just cut off my license. Such is life in Texas, folks.

The final straw was when I attempted to contact DPS using their online contact form and was informed that my yahoo address was not valid! How come it has been working for upteen years then, and everybody else in the whole wide world from Microsoft to online businesses to Wells Fargo and zillions of others can contact me using it???

Incredible imbecility indeed!!!

Arthur
Wylie, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2008 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/texas-department-of-public-safety-dps-municipal-services-bureau/austin-texas-78761-6733/texas-department-of-public-safety-dps-municipal-services-bureau-rude-arrogant-and-cold-338918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Texas Department Of Public Safety, DPS, Municipal Services Bureau

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Arthur, Please do me a favor

AUTHOR: Haven_for_the_oppressed - (U.S.A.)

Arthur, I understand the situation, Please write a check drawn on the bank you do business with. This will prove that you paid the fee or whatever is being owed. You can use this along with the letter to file a suit against DPS. TO: DPS, Republican days are numbered, You will fear the change when the voters had enough of the Stealing of the license holders. It will happen, Just wait a lil while longer. To: Arthor, you need to use a check from the bank to allow to clear the bank. Then check online when the check cleared, then print the check out to put in a safe place. Justice will be done. Not on physical earth, but on spiritual realm.