Complaint Review: The College Network

3815 River Crossing Parkway Suite 260
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    United States of America

The College Network TCN SCAM Indianapolis, Indiana

I was looking to further my education. I found the college network and contacted them. I signed with them in October of 2010. After it was too late, I realized how deceitful the recruiter had been. I contacted Excelsior, who informed me they have no affiliation with TCN. Which is not what the recruiter said. But I decided I would attempt it anyways being that it was past my 3 day cancellation period. I received one module at the time I  met with the recruiter and signed the contract. After studying it for some time, I decided I needed a little help. So I decided to utilize all the help I was assured I would have after signing with TCN. However that is not the case. I tried to access the online help site but was unsuccessful. After quite sometime I was finally able to access it. Apparently I wasn't in their system. Which seems to be the answer of their choice when there are problems. Well when I was finally able to access it I was very disappointed. I realized it was just an online version of the module I had in front of me. That was no help at all. So I decided to contact the academic help line. Again was just read the module I had in front of me. The next time I attempted to access the site, I was unable to. So here I am almost 1 year later with nothing to show.

Another issue I have is that I was under the  impression that I was signing up for the Associate Degree in Nursing. I have now realized they signed me up for the Associate Degree in Science. I have called to cancel the services and future payments. I was told that is not possible. I have contacted the financial institution as well, only to be transferred back to TC. I have filed a complaint with the Indiana BBB, Texas Attorney Generals office and now with RipOffReport.com I am sending a cease and desist letter and their material back as well. The bad thing is I am not asking them for a refund. I don't care about that part. I just do not want to continue to pay for fake services.  I will not pay a company that does nothing but scam people that are looking to get further in life by continuing their education. If they agree to discontinue their "services" and any attempts to collect any more payments, I will be done with everything and there will not be another word mentioned. If not I am prepared to take further action and have my attorney pursuit a full refund. I know I am not the only one in this situation with this company. It makes me so angry to read post after post of how they are ripping people off. I know this will more than likely be a long drawn out process. I will keep you up to date on how its going. Unless for some reason I become legally unable to talk about it anymore. Wish me luck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2011 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-college-network/indianapolis-indiana-46240/the-college-network-tcn-scam-indianapolis-indiana-766453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content