Complaint Review: The Fresh Market

• Reported By: Sleepy — Richmond Virginia USA
  • The Fresh Market

, Virginia
    USA

The Fresh Market Salary cut after return from breast cancer treatment Richmond Virginia

I have worked with the Fresh Market for about 10 years. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2014. I to return to work  during the Thanksgiving holiday because my Deli employees had not been through a Thanksgiving holiday season without me. As a matter of fact, this store had never been through a holiday without out me running it. And out of loyalty and my true love for my job, I went back during chemotherapy treatments and did the best I could for as long as I could. I made it through Thanksgiving. A week later I had to stop working again. The chemo was too much.

Once I had finished radiation I went back only to find out that my job was gone and that I went from being the Deli manager to a Deli clerk. The kicker was that no one told me. I went from salary to hourly losing my 10 year status. Not only did they cut my pay in half, but I also lost my 5 weeks of vacation and my 30 percent discount.

I don't understand how a company can just throw people away like they did to me. Now I find myself ready to go back to work and I will have to go back to work for them for 10.50 an hour. Because if I don't I may have to repay the money for the insurance or something like that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2016 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-fresh-market/virginia/the-fresh-market-salary-cut-after-return-from-breast-cancer-treatment-richmond-virginia-1297639. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content