Complaint Review: The Remington at Ponte Vedra lakes

• The Remington at Ponte Vedra lakes
    611 Ponte Vedra lakes blvd
    Ponte Vedra beach, Florida
    USA

I signed a 15 month lease at this apartment complex. 45 day before my lease was up I talked with them and they told me that I had to give a 60 day notice to leave (Remember I only signed a 15 month lease).  So they told me that I have to pay an extra month.  Now I have paid for 16 months on a 15 month lease.  So then I get a bill for an extra $290, saying that fee is for the month to month payment fee, because I didn't sign a lease, on the month they made me pay extra. So on the 16th month that I didn't originally sign a lease for they want me to pay an extra $290.  So I call and left a message for them to call me and sent an email and no one has called me back to answer any of my questions, and now they want to charge me a $100 late fee on the $290.

Can anyone explain this?

So I would advise no one to rent here the management is just here to rip you off!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2013 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-remington-at-ponte-vedra-lakes/ponte-vedra-beach-florida-32082/the-remington-at-ponte-vedra-lakes-apartment-complex-ponte-vedra-beach-florida-1068862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
2Employee/Owner

90 days notice not given - see my notice here.

AUTHOR: Jeremy - ()

Well, unfortunately I did not receive the 90 days notice mentioned in the rebuttal.  I have a copy of my notice, and the date it was mailed out to me.  My lease was due to end on June 30th.  This notice was sent to me in May.  This is the only notice sent to me by the Remington regarding the end of my lease.

Scanned with TurboScan.
So, my previous complaint stands.  I would not recommend The Remington at Ponte Vedra to anyone.

- Mary

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Not the owner

AUTHOR: creative - ()

My response to this rip off complaint is listed as being the owner of the property....that is not correct!  I am just another tenant who has lived at this complex for several years now.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Plenty of time for notification

AUTHOR: creative - ()

The leasing manager sends out renewal notices at least 90 days prior to the end of your lease.  I have renewed several times with them and have never had any problems....you must have waited over 30 days to give them your answer, so really you violated the terms of the lease and since you did not give 60 days notice so after the lease expiration date you are considered month to month, and that is more expensive.

It sounds as if perhaps this was your first apartment lease, or you might have been a bit lax in responding to the notices.  Either way they are well within their rights to charge the extra charges and the late fees.  You knew your lease was ending.  Tough lesson learned, as no one is "ripping you off".  It is this way in every apartment complex around.

Obvious response

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Have you read the terms of the signed lease agreement?