Complaint Review: Thumbtack

• Reported By: jtlessons — Alabama USA
  • Thumbtack

Nationwide
    USA

I am looking for all individuals who are memebers of Thumbtack and suspicous about the validity of leads that Thumbtack claims to provide.  I have not had 1 response from any of the leads Thumbtack generated even as I am offering a free lesson!

Most importantly I am looking for a legal team who will pursue a claim against Thumbtack on a pro-bono baisis.

The company is scamming hundreds of professionals who are looking to increase thier businesses.  I am asking all current Thumbtack members to document the leads they have received and all correspondence with the customers.

I want them shut down.

Thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2015 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/thumbtack/nationwide/thumbtack-thumbtack-class-action-lawsuit-fraudulent-leads-san-francisco-nationwide-1270045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
5Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Thumbtack Moving pro

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

Ive used them for two years and If a lawyer well versed in IT wants to go through my analytics, sit hits, ip's, redirects and bids then let me know.

thumbtack update

AUTHOR: archscamed - (USA)

How are you coming with data collecton on Thumbtack...I just canceled today for the same reasons...invalidated quote requests.  rmichaell@yahoo.com

Take Thumbtack down!!

AUTHOR: petsitter - (USA)

Here's the user agreement. if you are on thumbtack like i am, I suggest you stop throwing money at these unethical jerks.here's the new user agreement.

Read New user agreement re: class action lawsuits

AUTHOR: petsitter - (USA)

I, too, am a PRO who got ripped off by Thumbtack. Apparently they have made a new clause in their user agreement as of 2016 that you makes it impossible for you to participate in  class action lawsuits. HMMMMMMMMM...... I would love to get these guys busted. I feel strongly that they are fraudulent...

#5 General Comment

I am looking for victims also

AUTHOR: Anthony Scarafiotti - (USA)

Hello,

Yes I belive Thumbtack is a fraud. They do have some "clients" that are ligit, but I feel a large number of the lisitngs are fraudualnt (made up). I have suspected this for some time, but kept with it a little bit as I did get a couple of jobs which I belive were lucky hits on actual people. I recently responded to a Craigs list ad and got back a response from what I feel was a thumbtack employee attempting to solicit my business on the site. They "Found" another photographer using thumbtack and oh hey have you used this service??

I beleve a class action lawsuite is very doable considering the number of people who feel the same. I am interested in pursuing this and am in the process of doing so.

Contact me back if interested

Anthony