Complaint Review: TigerDirect

• TigerDirect
    www.tigerdirect.com
    Niles, Illinois

TigerDirect Hard-to get Rebates ripoff Niles Illinois

Last April, I sent TigerDirect an order for $550.00. This was for a custom-built computer which I assembled myself. There were a total of 6 rebates totalling $165.00. These all had to be in by May 1 to qualify for the rebates.

I made copies of ALL the UPC codes, box codes, invoices and rebate forms. EVERYTHING I needed for the rebates. I received 3 rebates for $110.00 within about 2 months. The other 3 I had to call several times. I received my last rebate on Dec. 20.

All the numbers I called were toll-free so that didn't cost anything. I guess the only thing the extra calls cost were time and trouble.

Actually I've been dealing with TigerDirect for 5 years and I've always gotten my stuff really quick. No problems. Once I had to return a bad modem and they did it within a week.

I don't think they handle their rebates programs inhouse, probably farmed-out. So the only problem I see with TigerDirect is that they find a more reliable outfit to handle their rebate offers.

R
princeton, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2006 10:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tigerdirect/niles-illinois/tigerdirect-hard-to-get-rebates-ripoff-niles-illinois-178016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content