Report: #914556


  • Submitted: Thu, July 19, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, July 21, 2012
  • Reported By: Tim — Dickinson Texas United States of America
    11464 SW 131st Terr
    United States of America


*Consumer Comment: Do some research

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Wow this has been the worst experience with any company ever! I could write a book about how many things went wrong with this move. I'll try to just give you the facts as they happened. 

Started off with a bid from the bid was for a 2 bedroom house all pictures included and as much detail as possible. Got several bids from businesses, Billy tines bid was the lowest, his bid was for 1300. Tammy ( HIS MOM ) acts as Billy's secretary she told me on the phone after a long conversation that she was in fact his MOTHER. The movers we supposed to come  on the 20th, Tammy called to see if we could move it to the 21nd, and deliver on the 24th, plenty of time to get to Texas from Florida. 

When the movers came they were several hours late, there was two guys one had only been working there for two weeks, the other guy was brand new and it was obvous he didn't know anything about packing. [continued below]....
..... We had all of things packed and in boxes ready to go. They ran out of blankets and had to use plastic to wrap everything else which was about half of our furniture. They barely had room to get all of our stuff on the truck because it was a 3rd of the way full! It started to rain and they were all done just sitting there watching the rain and they had left the truck back door open letting my things get rained on. That's when I told them hey can we please close that door??!!! They did and then proceeded to tell me that I owed them a total bid of $2000!!

I called the company and told them this was not what was agreeded upon in the bid. They said that because I used up the rest of the truck and packing materials this was the new charge. I was furious and wish to this day I would have had them unload it all back into my house and let me take it myself! Nevertheless they said if I didn't give them more than half they wouldn't go anywhere. I reluctantly paid them with my credit card.

On the 23rd they were to deliver to Houston Texas, my sister was to meet them at the storage facility to let them in the gate. She called Billy and asked when he was going to be there. He said there had been a leak in the truck roof and some of our stuff had gotten water damage and that they would have to wait for the insurance company to come and assess the damage. My sister called and told me the story, I called Billy and he told me yeah we were unloading your stuff from the truck and had it outside in the open when the rain came down and soaked your stuff. I was shocked by what I was hearing! I had to get a hold of him to find all of this out! He says were waiting to get a hold of the insurance company, and when we do we will contact you from there.

Who unloads a persons things in the open under black clouds??!! BILLY TINES TRANSFERS DOES! 

One week goes by and were having a hell of a time trying to even make contact with Billy or Tammy. Finally they call and say they were still waiting to hear from the insurance company. I told them my frustration from the lack of communication and told them I wanted a phone call everyday to get a report about the situation. Tammy promises me that she will call and how sorry she is.  

The next day no call, the day after that no call, then Tammy calls says the same thing she told me last time! One more week goes by and she calls to tell me the insurance adjuster will be there the next morning and that she would call me then. No surprise, NO CALL! 2 days later she says the insurance adjuster said to go ahead and ship our stuff but that it won't be until the next week. Fast forward July 15th, the movers come and demand a $1000 bucks before they can unload the truck! I was shocked that they would still expect money after all this, but they did. I argued on the phone with Billy and told him our last contract stated $2000, He did not care I told him I would only give him $800 more bucks and even that was really hard! He accepted and they unloaded our stuff. 

I can't explain the horror of what came next. When we saw our things we were shocked! Almost everything we owned was ruined! MOLD, MILDEW, SCRATCHED items started coming off the truck. They had let our things sit in their warehouse for three weeks sitting in the same wet condition that they came into the warehouse. They could of repacked our things, tried drying them off, instead they let it all rot. My wife had irreplaceable things like the blanket her grandmother made her and all kinds of things like that completely ruined! 

The guys who unloaded or things that day told us all about what an awful company they worked for. One guy said how he had delivered a job up north and Billy didn't have enough money to get him back, he stayed there for a week and said he couldn't even get a hold of his own boss! 

I could go on and on about what a NIGHTMARE this was for me and my wife but I'll leave it at this. 

Here is Billy's MUG SHOT I found on the internet as well!
Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2012 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Consumer Comment

Do some research

AUTHOR: Doxie Mom - (United States of America)

Since you seem to be so discouraged with your your experience, and you have lived in FL you know how fast storms come up.  Not only was it your things that were damaged it, but there were several others that also had things that were caught in the storm.  Mr. Tines and his staff did everything that the could to get everything inside and they did contact the insurance company as soon as this happened.  It was also not their fault that this incident happened 3 days before the tropical storm came in.

Mr. Tines and his staff were doing all they could to get this settled with the insurance company so that you all would not have to deal with it, but the insurance company decided that they got hit too hard with the storm and decided to let you all deal with it.

I personally think that a daily phone call is a little over the top.  A weekly phone call in this situation would suffice and that is all that you would have received if you had gone with a larger or major company.  If you had gone with someone smaller, who knows what you would have ended up with.

As far as what the employees said, I would not believe everything you hear.  I am sure that there have been days that you have said some not so nice things about your boss.

Hope that you have a good day and next time you decided to move you do a little more research.

As far as Mr. Tines arrest, that has nothing to do with this post, and if we did some digging into your past I am sure that we could come up with some things too.  Just remember that your are innocent until proven guilty.
Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.