Complaint Review: Trade Show Hostesses

• Reported By: KJ — Chicago Illinois
  • Trade Show Hostesses

Indianapolis, Indiana
    USA

TradeShowHostesses.com non-payment, modeling agency, Roger Knauer, Roger Allenn Knauer, Roger Longstreet, Erin Darlage Indianapolis Indiana

I work regularly as a model, and was hired to work the National Restaurant Association show at McCormick Place May 18-21 in Chicago, IL for Noble Chocolate. The job was an independent contractor hostess/model position through TradeshowHostesses.com. The contact through the agency was a person by the name of Erin Darlage. This person uses several different aliases when communicating with models. (Roger Knauer, Roger Allen Knauer, Roger Longstreet, Erin Darlage, etc.) The name of the agency has changed several times, and has been known as Statement Models, 1st Place Models, Indy Models, etc. Its current iteration is TradeshowHostesses.com.

The agency was communicative throughout the course of the job, and became less so as soon as I asked when I would be receiving my check. As the months have gone by I have inquired several times as to the status of my payment, and am either told that by check will be in an upcoming "batch", or that I need to "stop whining" about not having received my check. I did great work for the client, was prompt and courteous, and received excellent reviews.

I did not and have not violated the terms of the contract in any way, and have not been paid for my work. Again, I have not received a check for my work, and it has been over 90 days. I have consulted an attorney, and am taking legal action in Indiana if this matter is not resolved, as well as filing with the state and federal labor boards if I am not paid immediately and in full by the end of this week.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2013 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/trade-show-hostesses/indianapolis-indiana/tradeshowhostessescom-non-payment-modeling-agency-roger-knauer-roger-allenn-knauer-r-1077767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content