Complaint Review: Trane

• Reported By: Acworth Georgia
  • Trane
    Po Box 9010
    Tyler, Texas

Trane: 3 Major Repairs In 6 Years. No Help From Trane Or Distributor. Trane product is no longer high quality. The Organization is set up to confuse the consumer. Tyler Texas

*Consumer Comment: Nothing Stops a Trane- I don't Think so-Can't even get 9yrs out to a Unit

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: This is common of the new Trane

I bought a Trane XB1000 with my new house six years ago. In that time, I've had to have the unit repaired three times. The first time was a blown capacitor (exploded all over the unit). The second was a loss of coolant due to two copper tubes inside the unit rubbing together and causing a hole. The third repair will be exactly the same as the second.

These tubes are inside the unit. This can only be due to poor engineering or poor build quality. Either leads you directly back to Trane.

I've tried to contact Trane, my installer and the local distributor. Each points the finger at someone else. The distributor and Trane or the worst pointing to the warranty and using this to absolve them of all liability.

To even get to the point where I was told I had no recourse, took several calls and lots of emails.

I have worked for very large companies with over 300,000 employees. I am very good at navigating bureaucracy. I also know the difference between a well meaning organization that can't get out of their own way and a company that uses obfuscation as a way of keeping customers at a distance.....Unfortunately, Trane has shown themselves to be the latter of the two.

Message to Trane,
You don't seem to be very interested in the consumer side of the market. Why not save us and yourself some headaches and get out.

Pfrischmann
Acworth, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2009 05:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/trane/tyler-texas-75711/trane-3-major-repairs-in-6-years-no-help-from-trane-or-distributor-trane-product-is-no-438775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Nothing Stops a Trane- I don't Think so-Can't even get 9yrs out to a Unit

AUTHOR: Bolocheung - (U.S.A.)

My opinion of Trane Products is they are'nt built to last like they used too. I had a new XL1400 complete unit installed in 2000. At year 7, the unit could not keep up & multiple service calls found no problems. The last two years I just accepted the unit would only keep the indoor temp around 85 & run nonstop all day on the hottest Florida summer days. I recently had the unit inspected & they found it was losing freon, they refilled the unit & said it may just be a small leak & let it run. Well, less than 2 months later, find out leak is now like a sieve & they recommend replacing condensor coil $800.

I guess my main gripe is that they tout how their units are built to last & really I would have hoped for 12yrs on a $5500+ unit. Well, less than 10yrs later its either a new coil or another new unit in excess of 5 grand. I really only got a decent 7yrs out of the Trane. I don't live near water, unit was not pushed hard, so to me this is unacceptable. From what I have been reading, Trane now is just all hype & really is just a medocre product now. My next unit will certainly no be a Trane!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

This is common of the new Trane

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Sir, i was and employee of trane for 2 years. The problems with trane equipment is becoming a paramount problem. Since trane treats their employees like dirt the equipment quality has no choice but to be poor like the management. When i was at trane i did a lot of spd work.(ship product defect). The problem seems to be from factory employees being tired of being underpaid and treated poorly. If you are underpaid and treated poorly, why would you care what type of work quality you do? The management in the office that i worked out of did not really care of the customers was satisfied with the equipment or the service they recieved. I had customers that needed simple quotes for repairs they needed. They could not even get these in a timely manner. A lot of contractors really do not like trane or how they or treated by trane but, the public is temporarily under false pretences that trane is a quality company and provides quality equipment. This may have been true at one time. New management has falsely assumed that if they cheat their employees they will prosper and fatten their own pockets.Yes my friend trane is moving very rapidly (down hill) with only the bottom to stop them. I have been in the HVAC industry for 35+ yrs. The majority of my training was carrier equipment. Carrier always had the most professional employees from the counter parts salespersons to their technical support people. Working for trane was not a plus for me, but it did open my eyes to all the rumors that i had heard about trane. When trane layed me off they offer me and extra weeks pay if i would sign a release letter stating that i would never testify against them. Needless to say i did not need the money and did not sign their letter. I am completely free to testify against trane at anytime and i am very willing to do so. I have a lot of documentation against trane that i hope one day will not only hit the court system but also hit the media. In a final note all i can say is that before you buy anything of a mojor investment you should talk to someone who has actually worked for the manufacturer of the product. You will be money ahead of you go ahead and get rid of the trane equipment and puchase maybe a carrier product. GOOD LUCK