ED Magedson – Founder
Travel America Inc.1465 Slater Road PO Box 5007 Ferndale, WA, 98248-5 Ferndale, Washington United States of America
I am extremely displeased with Travel America Inc.'s Diamond Getaway program. In my opinion this program is virtually worthless due to the multiple restrictions involved in actually getting theLas Vegas Getawaythat is offered.
The convoluted process to getyourLas Vegas Getaway was as follows:
1) Receive a Certificate from Travel America which contains 31 paragraphs of restrictions;
2) Send Travel America a $40 USfee;
3) Review the lengthy list of Blackout datesmailed to youby Travel America which are in addition to the restrictions to travel on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday only. In 2010 there were 24 of 52 weeks that were blacked out;
4) Check the diamond getaway website to find out what further dates are no longer available. The available dates fill up extremely quickly As of today (January 14, 2011) there are NO available dates through the end of May 2011;
5) Mail in the Travel America form specifying 3 dates at least 60 days from the date of mailing and two further dates no closer apart than 30 days; and
6) Wait and hope that the selected dates have not been filled.
I completed all of these steps and mailed in my completed request form on two separate occasions. I did not get my trip to Las Vegas. Now I am informed that my Certificate expires on May 4, 2011 as it is valid for only 18 months after it is issued. There are no available dates for the Las Vegas Vacation between now and May 4, 2011.
At least I saved the additional $234 US in additional taxes that I would have paid for my 'free' trip to Las Vegas.
Travel America's was used by Renfrew Chrysler in Calgary, Alberta to induce me to purchase a 2010 Dodge Caravan. Potential users of Travel America's program should be made aware of how difficult it is to actually get their free trip to Las Vegas. Potential customers of Renfrew Chrysler, and other auto dealers,should not be induced into purchasing a vehicle by promises of a 'free' trip to Las Vegas.
To ensure truth in advertising I would recommend thatthe Las VegasGetaway should be advertised as a"$274 twonight trip to Las Vegas on a Sunday, Monday or Tuesday excluding at least 24 black-out weeks per year that must be booked by mailing in a form specifying dates at least 60 days prior to departure with a significant chance that these dates will be filled".
Consumers should also be provided with the Certificate containing all of the restrictions on theLas VegasGetaway before purchasing their vehicle.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2011 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/travel-america-inc/ferndale-washington-98248-5007/travel-america-inc-the-diamond-getaway-is-not-free-and-has-multiple-restrictions-ferndal-682729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.