Complaint Review: U. S. Energy

• Reported By: Chicago Illinois
  • U. S. Energy
    President's Plaza, 8600 W. Bryn Mawr, Suite 440N
    Chicago, Illinois

U. S. Energy Lied about lowering my gas bill, put me in collections when they actually recieve their payment from Peoples gas when I pay the bill. Chicago Illinois

I signed up with U.S. Energy thinking that I was getting my gas bill lowered. That is what they told me. Well, I'm paying twice the amount.

I only receive one bill statement which is from Peoples Gas and it shows that I've been charged twice. One charge is from U.S. Energy the other is from Peoples Gas. I got a call from U.S. Energy collections saying that I was 86 days late.

I pay Peoples Gas and they are suppose to send U.S. Energy their money. Why did they put me in collections when I do not pay them directly? I received a disconnection notice for $67 and they did disconnect my gas service.

After that I received another notice saying I owed them $386 and I had to pay that in order to restore my service. Why would I get a notice for $67 if I owed $386 in the first place? I paid the money what else could I do.

Peoples Gas is in on this scam. They say they are not affiliated they have to be.

Dale
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2008 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/u-s-energy/chicago-illinois-60631/u-s-energy-lied-about-lowering-my-gas-bill-put-me-in-collections-when-they-actually-rec-344978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content