Report: #812147


  • Submitted: Tue, December 20, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, June 07, 2012
  • Reported By: Sally — La Puente California United States of America
    8581 Santa Monica Blvd #17,
    Los Angeles, California
    United States of America

UNIFUND CCR PARTNERS, NEW YORK CORP. Michael M. Duggan Found out I had a Civil Case pending from an old Credit card in 2001, Called Company several times to provide me with paper work, but they hang up on me, they are now going into my bank accounts Los Angeles, California

*Consumer Comment: Good advice

*General Comment: Check to see

*Consumer Comment: summons

*Consumer Comment: Good advice

*Consumer Comment: file a complaint with your attorney general

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Unifund CCR Partners has a civil case on me, They said they served me, which is not true, I mailed them a certified letter to show me proof, they haven't, I called them several times and they hung up each time.  The credit card is back in 2001, in 2005 they demanded I pay them $ 650.00 which I did. Its now 2011 and I just found out they are sueing me for $ 1900.00 which I don't owe them.  I called them again and they told me they will get their money and hung up, Again I sent them a letter stating proof that I owe this amount which I do not, They haven't send me anything back.  Now I just found out my bank account was on hold for $ 350.00 dollars and they just added $ 350.00 more so total is up again.  I don't owe the amount
Sally, La Puente California
Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2011 09:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Consumer Comment

Good advice

AUTHOR: Will - ()

Unifund is true slime. They sent me several letters a few years ago which I demanded validation for & got what appeared to be a screen shot of a cut & paste of an alleged billing statement. I ignored them after that & never heard from them again. They have sued people in my state but only win when they get a default judgement. I checked 4 years worth of cases on the court systems website. The first thing you do if one of these bottom feeders takes any legal action is file a BAR complaint against the attorney & the firm. They have no power or authority, don't let them intimidate you.

Respond to this report!

#2 General Comment

Check to see

AUTHOR: JustWrong - (USA)

the statute of limitations in your State for that credit card.  If it is out of limitations they cannot get a judgement.  if they do get a judgment and it is out of limitations then file a request for dismissal with prejudice so they can't re-file.  If you get a court date go to it (most times they do not show) and if they do not show petition for it to be dismissed with prejudice for wasting the courts time (judeges hate that)   Make them prove they served you, make them prove they did everything according to the Fair Debt law and provide documentation to you and the court.  Answer the court and state it is not your debt, you have no idea of whose debt it is, you were never served or they did not follow the law according to the Fair Debt etc. and when you get to court they have to show proof it is your debt and show proof they followed the law.  If they can't prove it they have no case.  Do not deal with them about anything except by certified mail/return receipt and if by phone record all conversations (do not tell them you are recording.)  Do not EVER admit to owing ANYTHING or any AMOUNT.  Do not say it is your debt and do not accept anything without it in writing or without it being recorded!  A digital recorder is $39 at walmart and I use it for every customer service call I get or make.  Get any bank accounts out of your name so they can't freeze or garnish them.  Put them in the name of someone you trust implicitly and be a co-owner only.  If it is only your debt and they have a spouse on it make sure you let the court know it does not belong to anyone other than you so they can't get their account or income.   If you can, find an alternate way of being paid by your employer.  They can't garnish wages not in your name or using your SSN.  Try anyway possible even quitting to end the garnishment and then go back to your job and do it each time they garnish.  They won't go away because they get these judgements before anyone even knows it is happening.  If you get a judgement petition the court to dismiss it and provide proof that you were even served or that they followed the law.  All this can be done without a lawyer.  Just surf the web and find out how to do it and all the forms are usually available through your court.    You can fight back.   It can be done!
Respond to this report!

#3 Consumer Comment


AUTHOR: Bartly - (U.S.A.)

I think what must people miss is that if a debt buyer is suing you they can't prove they own the debt. Most people just ignore the the first summons and then its hard to reverse it. I tried this company and I was able to stop a $18 judgement and was awarded $900 for my fees. . At first I didn't believe them but I had nothing to lose and the judge said I knew what I was talking about. Through out the whole case and got it removed from my credit report. I guess the system does work if you know the rules.
Respond to this report!

#4 Consumer Comment

Good advice

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

also visit and send him an email as well telling him the situation.  These scumbags buy these debts for pennies on the dollar then inflate them and will use any tactic necessary to make a buck.  Good luck to you and FIGHT BACK!
Respond to this report!

#5 Consumer Comment

file a complaint with your attorney general

AUTHOR: tom - (USA)

It sounds like they got a judgment against you.  Go the the court house and investigate.  Find out who was the process server and what address they served.  Sounds like sewer service.  They served you at a address that you did not live at.

Get the evidence together proof of what you paid etc.  Copies of your letters and proof of mailing.

File a complaint with your attorney general of your state.   Also file with OHIO they know about this company and will take the complaint.

Record their calls.   Do not call them.  Search for a NACA attorney.  But you need evidence of conversation.   You can try to vacate the judgment based on sewer service.  You need to research how to to this.  It means filing a motion before the court and serving them.  If you get vacated, Go for a jury trial.  Be ready to fight.  Good Luck   You can try DebtorBoards.   It is a (.com).

they have people that will give you advice.  There is no charge. NACA attorneys may take a case on contingency basis.

Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.