Complaint Review: United Mayflower Containers

• Reported By: Patricia — San Diego California USA
  • United Mayflower Containers

, Missouri
    USA

United Mayflower Containers processed unauthorized charges on Visa and stole most furniture from storage pod Missouri

My experience with United Mayflower started with their billing department collecting unauthorized charges on my credit card when I had only authorized the initial set-up costs, not automatic monthly payments since I was not using the pod.  This credit card is highly protected because it is only used for my expenses for my Doctorate degree program and I cannot afford to pay for anything else.

When I discovered they were continuing to charge my card, I notified my bank about these unauthorized charges and contacted the company about why I was being charged for someone else's services.  I was told that they made a mistake in processing my card by setting it up for automatic monthly payments instead of the one-time only payment that I had allowed my card to be used for.

She apologized and told me that they could refund my money in about 3-5 days but when the money was not received within that time-frame, the rep I had been talking to no longer works there and they refuse to refund my money!

That was March 2015, over three months ago and they still refuse to remedy the situation so I had to file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office, who referred me to the US Dept. of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Admin. located in Washington DC.

This billing has caused my card to go over the limit, fees have been charged, and it has impacted my credit reports.  This company has no ethics and no business information regarding leadership or executives, no statements of their purpose or mission or vision for their company, and they have no problem telling lies and cheating their customers!

The second major issue was that when the pod was delivered for unloading, most of the furniture, computers, television, lamps, etc. had been stolen!  How does this concern me?  One of the computers that was stolen was mine that I had loaned out and it had expensive software on it for my work as an architectural designer, including AutoCAD, NavisWorks, Maya (animation program), MS Project and Office, Photoshop and Illustrator...

Now they are demanding the renter of the pod to provide another credit card so they can collect a second set of payments for these services and then they will return my money.  Are they really that stupid to think these people are going to give a credit card number after they have already stolen money from me on my card?

United Mayflower Containers needs to be audited and then shut down!  I also have an attorney interested in a class-action lawsuit if anyone else has suffered punitive damages like I have!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2015 05:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/united-mayflower-containers/missouri/united-mayflower-containers-processed-unauthorized-charges-on-visa-and-stole-most-furnitu-1239622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content