Complaint Review: United States Movers inc

• United States Movers inc
    1504 Bay Rd, suite 1124
    miami beach, Florida
    United States of America

I contracted with United States Movers to move my property from Fl to Ma.

there was a truck fire and all my property was destroyed. United States Movers' insurer did not pay claiming it was a truck fire. United States Movers also refuses to pay my claim of $5000, claiming it was not their responsiblity. I also asked to be reimbursed for my down payment of $590.00 but they refused.

I believe this company is a fly by night operation that will not reimburse anyone, they are out to rip the unsuspecting public off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/united-states-movers-inc/miami-beach-florida-33139/united-states-movers-inc-this-company-refuses-to-reimburse-for-my-property-destroyed-afte-834708. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

United States Movers not honorable company

AUTHOR: everett - (United States of America)

United States Movers transports peoples belongings from state to state. Their truck caught on fire while moving my stuff from FL to MA. I don't know how it caught on fire. All I know is none of my stuff was never delivered it was ALL DESTROYED by the fire.

US movers has refused to honor the 60 cent insurance required by the DOT, they do not return any of my phone calls or emails. I would like them to pay for my lost property and reimburse me for the deposit I made.

they simlpy keep going about their business of ripping the public off. I hope any and all who read these messages check this company out throughly before hiring them to move their property

Insurance was part of contract(60 cents/pound)

AUTHOR: everett - (United States of America)

Yes insurance was part of my contract, 60 cents per pound. That is required by the DOT.

also, the original amount quoted over the phone was doubled after the came to pick up my property.

United States Movers  has refused to even honor the required minimum insurance amounts..  I have called and email that company mamy many times. They will not return any phone calls or emails. once the know it is a problem call they immediately transfer you then disconnect.

This company should be avoided, they are out to rip off the unsuspecting public.

Did you purchase insurance?

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Standard interstate move insurance I believe is only 60 cents per pound, unless you contract for higher insurance. At the very least, you ought to be getting that standard insurance value back based on total weight.

I don't know what they're legally allowed to do with payments made towards a move when this happens, but I would consider it underhanded for them not to return all such payments when fire destroys a transport. An honest firm would eat that loss, especially since you're already eating a big loss in value to your goods.

Check with whatever Federal and state agencies (shipping state at least) oversee the industry to know your rights and possibly sick a regulator on them.

Unclear?

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

"there was a truck fire and all my property was destroyed."

I am sorry, but I have a hard time understanding what the sentence means? You saw a truck in fire? The truck is in fire? How did that happen? While you were driving, the truck exploded? Or someone lit fire and burn the truck down??? I have no idea...