Complaint Review: U.S. Government Grant Office

• U.S. Government Grant Office

washington, District of Columbia
    United States of America

U.S. Government Grant Office Mike Watson ponzi washington, District of Columbia

I got a call on my cell phone from a male with a heavy accent (unable to identify where he might be from).  He said his name was "Mike Watson" and that he was with the U.S. Government Grant Office.

He said I should go to the nearest Walmart store and purchase a "Green Dot Money Pak" reloaded scratchoff card.  Activate it and put $150 on it and call him back within the hour at 202-621-0086, ext 104.  He would put $5000 on it and then I could take it to a bank and cash it for $5,150 (including my original deposit).

I went along and listened to him to collect as much of the scheme that I could without giving out any other personal information.  I figured it was a scam and never fell for it. Just a heads up warning.  This is the first time I've experienced this kind of a call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2013 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-government-grant-office/washington-district-of-columbia-/us-government-grant-office-mike-watson-ponzi-washington-district-of-columbia-1046225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content