Complaint Review: US Health Group - Freedom Life Insurance

• Reported By: Milani — Dallas Texas USA
  • US Health Group - Freedom Life Insurance

Nationwide
    USA

US Health Group - Freedom Life Insurance USHGFreedom Life Insurance HEALTH INSURANCE SCAM Dallas Nationwide

Since the Health Insurance industry is doing a major change & going up in cost I decided to look at other options outside of my employer. I came across US Health Group AKA Freedom Life Insurance from another coworker of mine & gave them a call after she met with them & got a quote. She received her "Insurance Cards" in the mail a few days after she was approved & the cards say Cigna on them, looks legit as any Insurance card does.

When I gave them a call, the "agent" rambled off a bunch of questions & said I'd pay around $250.00 a month. The Cigna PPO Plan included 8 FREE DOCTOR VISITS, $3,500.00 co-pay, lower medication costs, every perk you can think of, he listed. He even said if I refer anyone to them I will get $100.00. Typically you only get 1 FREE annual doctor visit from each doctor (primary, OBGYN).

For "approval" the ask for your bank, bank account number & routing number. Stupidly, I provided it. Later that day I got approved & was told my payments would start monthly on November 14th. I signed in & saw my payments would be $310.00 instead of $250.00. Didn't think much of it until I thought about my age & my coworkers age. I am about 25 years YOUNGER than she is & a NON tobacco user, as she is a smoker & her monthly premium would be $350.00, only $40.00 more. Something started to feel fishy.

I looked on Cigna & searched for individual health plans in Texas & saw on their website that they DO NOT OFFER MEDICAL PLANS IN TEXAS. Red Flag. I called Cigna directly & was directed to another department that would be able to tell me if this so-called PPO plan I signed up for was real or a scam. I provided my name & DOB, I couldn't be found in the system. Then, I was told VERBALLY Cigna does NOT offer MEDICAL INSURANCE IN TEXAS AS OF JUNE 2017. My gut feeling was right, US Health Group AKA Freedom Life Insurance is a SCAM.

These people are crooks & taking advantage of people looking to save money & will end up spending thousands more in the long run. Someone needs to put an end to this. DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR BS. Always call the provider directly that the "broker" is going through.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2017 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-health-group-freedom-life-insurance/nationwide/us-health-group-freedom-life-insurance-ushgfreedom-life-insurance-health-insurance-sc-1405843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content