Complaint Review: US - YELLOW NATIONAL YELLOW PAGES

• Reported By: Shawnee Oklahoma
  • US - YELLOW NATIONAL YELLOW PAGES
    PO Box 41308,
    Jacksonville, Florida

US - YELLOW NATIONAL YELLOW PAGES deceitful, unethical, fraudulent Jacksonville Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Mad At Yourself?

*Consumer Comment: Read 16 ways to be phone scammed

This company is trying to charge me $1700 apparently for an ad in some "national" yellow page book I have never seen nor even ordered. They have no contract with me, nor did I approve any yellow page add with these people. I received an "invoice" in the mail today for $1782 for an "order" I made in April of 2006. The first "order" charged me $297 for June 2006, then another $297 for January 2007, then another $297 for June 2007, then another $297 for January 2008, then another $297 for June 2008, then yet another $297 for January 2009. This is the first time I have ever even seen an invoice!

For one thing, my address is not even correct on the notice (it is several po box numbers off) but my son works at the post office and put it in my box. This company is using tactics that are unethical, illegal, and fraudulent. I am not paying this stupid invoice, and I urge you to never do business with this company. Even if you get something saying "list with no changes" do not, I repeat do not check the box and mail it in. It is in no way an "order" sheet, but that is what they are saying it is. Ridiculous! Good think my husband is a lawyer, and he set them straight! Beware of this company!

Okiefiregirl
Shawnee, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2009 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-yellow-national-yellow-pages/jacksonville-florida-32203/us-yellow-national-yellow-pages-deceitful-unethical-fraudulent-jacksonville-florida-431149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Mad At Yourself?

AUTHOR: Capitalguy - (U.S.A.)

With this situation, as with all others. The information IS provided. You simply have to take the time to READ the offer and decide if it is for you or not.
Far too many consumers make the mistake of NOT READING WHAT THEY SIGN and assuming they ALREADY KNOW what is on the paper in front of them.
READ...READ....READ before your sign, and you will greatly reduce the need you feel to get mad at corporations in America for a lack of due diligence.

Read 16 ways to be phone scammed

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

THIS BOGUS YELLOW PAGES SCAM IS ONE OF THEM