Complaint Review: Vap Blaze

• Vap Blaze
    18756 Stone Oak Parkway Suite 200
    San Antonio, Texas
    USA

Vap Blaze Mike Anonymous My laptop was frozen & I was told to call 888-304-8087 to protect IP.Claimed I had 187 open devices. San Antonio Texas

On July 21st 2017 my laptop was frozen and a message appeared that said my laptop would be prevented from running if I did not contact them. The number they gave me was 1-888-304-8087 & was claimed to be from my internet provider.I did what they asked and let them look through my computor and they showed me a page that claimed that I had 187 devices connected to my IP and somewhere around 56 failed attemps to gain access to my computor.I was sceptical that that much damage occured considering that I bought this laptop on the 6th of this month.

As of today,Sunday July 23rd 2017 I contacted Staples the store I purchase the laptop from & I also called Comcast and both told me I was being ripped off. I will be at the bank first thing tomorrow to stop payment on the checks. Since I let who I was told was Vap Blaze add a program and also have control over my laptop for about 2 hours I am not sure what will happen next.I plan to contact Netgear who is my modem manufacture to see if they can find any hidden code or to change my IP number. I don,t know if Vap Blaze is at fault because when they called back my caller ID was restricted or anonymous but the checks made out were in the name Vap Blaze.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2017 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vap-blaze/san-antonio-texas-78258/vap-blaze-mike-anonymous-my-laptop-was-frozen-i-was-told-to-call-888-304-8087-to-protec-1387574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content