Complaint Review: Veritas Prep LLC GMAT prep company is a ripoff

• Veritas Prep LLC GMAT prep company is a ripoff
    22741 Pacific Coast Hwy.
    Malibu, California
    United States of America

Veritas Prep LLC GMAT prep company is a ripoff chad troutwine, gmat, gmat prep, gmat prep ny, gmat prep chicago. chad troutwine, gmat fraud, gmat ripoff, veritas ripoff, veritas prep, veritas prep virtual class, veritas prep gmat course, Malibu, California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: VERITAS PREP LLC GMAT VERITAS PREP GMAT IS A FRAUD, SCAM

*UPDATE Employee: Call Veritas Prep at 1-800-925-7737 to Get the Truth

I had the misfortune of registering with Veritas prep gmat course run in New York city and would like to warn those doing research into Gmat courses not to sign up with this horrible test prep company. After paying close to $1600, I received some sloppy course booklets. On Day1, the instructor came 45 minutes late and at least on two other occasions, there was no tutor in the class. When I called to complain, I was treated rudely and told to stop whining. After all, I was told, I could go back and take the course again. But the company was playing with my time, and I missed the admission deadline by postponing my test date because I was not ready for the test. Veritas prep course was absolutely pathetic and did not arm me with any concepts or skills required to do well on this test. The instructor, Chris, was horrible and kept repeating the talking points he has been fed. When asked about the last time he had taken the Gmat, he refused to answer and kept saying that it was not relevant. The guy I called at Veritas identified himself as Scott and he was absolutely unprofessional. All in all, it was a nightmare. Do not sign up with Veritas prep Gmat course. It is a total ripoff and a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2009 11:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/veritas-prep-llc-gmat-prep-company-is-a-ripoff/malibu-california-90265/veritas-prep-llc-gmat-prep-company-is-a-ripoff-chad-troutwine-gmat-gmat-prep-gmat-prep-515373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

VERITAS PREP LLC GMAT VERITAS PREP GMAT IS A FRAUD, SCAM

AUTHOR: Veritas-Prep-scam - (United States of America)

I have worked for Veritas prep and can confirm that Veritas prep is not being honest with the qualifications of its tutors. Instead of protesting and claiming the market report as false and untrue, Veritas prep must explain why it hires its tutors without formal interviews and ship them out to 'teach' classes. Anyone who thinks that the company can hire 99th percentile instructors by advertising in Craig's list is smoking some strange stuff. Veritas prep will not publish the credentials of its tutors because it does not do any vetting. I told Veritas that I had scored 700 and they let me teach. They paid me $25 an hour when they had advertised $100 an hour. I received the prep materials overnighted to me and was told to watch a video before heading out to the class. I was nervous on day 1 and hoped that a smart dude does not show up in the class. I was not happy to be part of the scam being carried out by Veritas prep LLC company owned and operated by Chad Troutwine and Marcus. I quit after 4 classes and the company was desperately pleading with me to stay on. I hear that they had to cancel the rest of the classes because they could not find another instructor to carry on with the training.

It is true that Veritas prep is a fradulent company. Instead of asking you to call the company so that it can beeyes you on its claims is preposterous. Having taught Veritas prep, I would recommend against choosing VEritas prep for your GMAT course. Veritas prep is a scam indeed.

Call Veritas Prep at 1-800-925-7737 to Get the Truth

AUTHOR: Veritas Prep - (USA)

This claim is 100% false. It has been posted by an individual who has posted multiple fabricated complaints about Veritas Prep, some of which contain personal attacks on Veritas Prep employees:

Normal

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

The bottom line is that Veritas Prep's students average better than a
110-point score increase on the GMAT after taking our course, which is
why we are able to offer the most generous retake policy in the
industry:

http://www.veritasprep.com/FAQ/GMAT-Courses/85,Does_Veritas_Prep_offer_a_guarantee.html To read dozens of real reviews from REAL Veritas Prep students, please visit out site: http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat-scores/ As always, you can contact us at 800-925-7737 and talk to a real Veritas Prep employee about how you can maximize your GMAT score.