Report: #1142040

• Vermont Mutual Insurance Company
    89 State St. PO Box18
    Montpelier, Vermont
    USA

Vermont Mutual Insurance Company Hidden Massachusetts Automobile Insurance Rate Increase Montpelier Vermont

just received my Coverage Selection Page for the renewal of my Massachusetts automobile insurance with Vermont Mutual Insurance Company.

When I spoke with my agent I was told there was an across the board rate increase on all auto insurance policies. So, the insurance on my 2009 Mazda 6 went from $822.00 a year to $ 876.00 a year. I have had no accidents nor claims and I take advantage of all available discounts I believe.

The Agent's office was unable to tell me the general rate increase. So, I called Vermont Mutual Insurance Company and they told me they were NOT allowed to tell me - their customer - what those rate increases were.

I followed up that call with a call  to the Massachusetts Department of Insurance - Automobile Insurance Division and they were  no more cooperative than Vermont Mutual Insurance. They would not tell me what those rate increases were and why there had been an across the board auto insurance rate increase.

The only thing I could do according to the person to whom I spoke  was to  make an appointment to go into their office in Boston and review  the rate increases within the protected environment of the Massachusetts Department of Insurance. That is totally unacceptable. That information should be readily available on-line in an easy to understand format. Apparently the Massachusetts Department of Insurance doesn't want the public to have easy access to this information. Who are they representing, the public or the large insurance companies? I think the conclusion is obvious.

These are nothing but road blocks  [  pun intended ] the insurance companies, agents and the Massachusetts Department of Insurance are putting in the way of the average person to uncover. Looks like they are all trying to cover up these increases or at least make them as difficult as possible for the public to discover.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2014 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vermont-mutual-insurance-company/montpelier-vermont/vermont-mutual-insurance-company-hidden-massachusetts-automobile-insurance-rate-increase-1142040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content