Complaint Review: Volkswagen of America, Inc

• Volkswagen of America, Inc
    3800 Harlin Rd. Auburn Hills, MI. 48326
    Auburn Hills, Michigan
    United States of America

Volkswagen of America, Inc Defective Valve Body Transmissions Auburn Hills, Michigan

I receive a Extend Warranty letter from Volkswagen Of America covering only the valve body transmission, for my 2007 VW  Rabbit, on November 2010.

My 2007 VW Rabbit started shifting hard when shifting into 4th gear. I had read consumer reports that other Volkswagen's had similar issue do to faulty transmission valve bodies.

On January 15, 2013 I took my letter from Volkswagen to the dealer and had my transmission diagnostic done. The wanted to put in a new transmission for $6,000.00 and they didn't even want to look at the letter since the letter only covered the valve body.

I took my car to AAMCO and had them do a diagnostic on my transmission, their diagnostic determined that I needed to replace the Transmission Valve Body but I needed to repair the 4th gear so therefore i needed to have my transmission rebuild. It cost me $4000.00. I agree to have it repaired thinking that Volkswagen of America would reimburse me for at least the Valve body and labor for it.

When I sent my receipt to Volkswagen Of America, they sent me a letter stating that they cant honor the warranty cause I had the transmission rebuild. Its like they looked over the part that I had paid for a new valve body as well.

From consumer reports that I read it sounds like the transmission is bound to start going bad do to faulty valve body, so there for consumers are force to fix the whole transmission not just the valve body.

All I want is Volkswagen of America to honor their warranty and reimburse me for the valve body and labor cost that i paid to AAMCO to repair my transmission.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/volkswagen-of-america-inc/auburn-hills-michigan-48326/volkswagen-of-america-inc-defective-valve-body-transmissions-auburn-hills-michigan-1017376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content