Complaint Review: Wal-Mart Vision Center Dr Deborah Fields, OD

• Wal-Mart Vision Center Dr Deborah Fields, OD
    1872 Route 88
    Brick, New Jersey
    United States of America

Wal-Mart Vision Center Dr Deborah Fields, OD Dr Deborah Fields, OD Awful Customer Service Brick, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: walmart vision center and doctor

*Consumer Suggestion: Sounds like she couldnt read your card either!

I went into Wal-Mart today, March 31 2011 and saw that the vision center was empty. I walked over to make an appointment for an eye exam. I was asked by the women sitting behind the counter if I had insurance, I replied yes and pulled out my card. I went to hand it to her and without looking at it she asked who was it with, I replied the name on the card, FEPBlue coverage.

She then told me I have to call the company to get the administrator of my plan and the member ID number. I told her the admin companys name and that the number was on the card. I couldnt read the number, it was small print and there was a reason I was standing in an eye doctors office trying to get an appointment.

She told me the numbers are not usually on the cards and I had to call my provider. I tried explaining that I was in this very office 2-3 weeks ago purchasing glasses for my child when she interrupted me and said the optical department was on a different computer system and the information couldnt be looked up.

I had my doubts about this but asked her if this was normal procedure and she said Yes we dont have time to make a dozen phone calls for people I remind readers why I was standing there in the first place the store was empty. Literally no customers. By this time I am feeling a little frustrated and I tried explaining again that I had the information they needed and all she had to do was look at the card. She interrupted me again and said in very rude manner Sir you have to call your insurance company we will not do this for you in mid sentence I walked away from her.

I returned home and called my insurance carrier from the number listed on the card. I had my glasses on and could easily read the number that said Member ID on the card. I spoke with a customer service rep and explained what I needed. She said all that information is on your card and asked if I gave the vision center my card. I related my story and she was very surprised. So surprised in fact she called the vision center while I was on the phone listening in. The witchy vision center clerk hung up on her.

So needless to say, the vision center at the Wal-Mart in Brick, NJ run by Dr Deborah Fields, OD will never get another dime from me. If anyone from the Wal-Mart corporation sees this or maybe even the good Dr Deborah Fields, OD herself I hope some action will be taken. The clerk was a short, chunky, short dyed brown haired middle aged lady with glasses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2011 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wal-mart-vision-center-dr-deborah-fields-od/brick-new-jersey-/wal-mart-vision-center-dr-deborah-fields-od-dr-deborah-fields-od-awful-customer-service-712369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

walmart vision center and doctor

AUTHOR: Karen - ()

I know this report is a few years old but I wanted to comment.  The doctor at the vision center is working under her own business and is not affiliated with Walmart Corp. The store runs the showroom for the glasses and similar merchandise. The doctor should have her own receptionist taking care of incoming clients for exams. If you were not satified with the service you received you should have insisted with speaking to the doctor herself. There is no reason why you should have been treated in this unprofessional not to mention nasty manner. Most of the times the doctors don't know what is going with their office staff. But I do know you should have addressed the matter directly to the doctor.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Sounds like she couldnt read your card either!

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (United States of America)

She may have not wanted your card because she in fact couldnt read it either. Sounds like one fine operation they have there!